Lithium battery equipment is mainly used in each process link of lithium battery production process. Lithium battery materials are mainly composed of four materials: positive electrode material, negative electrode material, separator and electrolyte, in addition to packaging and other parts. Lithium battery equipment is the necessary equipment and infrastructure for the lithium battery manufacturing industry.
1. Lithium battery production equipment
According to the production process of lithium-ion batteries, lithium battery equipment can be mainly divided into front-end equipment, mid-end equipment and back-end equipment.
1) Lithium battery front-end equipment: Lithium battery front-end equipment is mainly for the electrode production process, including vacuum mixers, coating machines, roller presses and slitting machines. The coating process requires that the stirred slurry is evenly coated on the metal, and the thickness is accurate to less than 3 μm. It is necessary to ensure that there is no burr on the surface of the slice, otherwise it will have a great impact on the subsequent process. Therefore, front-end equipment is the core equipment of battery manufacturing, which is related to the quality of the entire production line.
2) Lithium battery mid-end equipment: Lithium battery mid-end equipment mainly covers the cell assembly process, mainly including winding machines or lamination machines, cell shell machines, liquid injection machines, and sealing and welding equipment.
3) Back-end equipment: The back-end equipment mainly covers the process of cell activation, formation, capacity detection, and assembly into battery packs. Relatively speaking, the middle and back-end equipment such as shell entry, sealing, inspection and other machines are relatively simple, and the technical requirements are not high.
Lithium battery equipment is limited in design, production technology and management level, has not formed a certain enterprise scale, and cannot guarantee supply and demand.
2. What are the raw materials of lithium batteries?
The raw materials of lithium batteries are mainly composed of positive electrode materials, negative electrode materials, separators, and electrolytes.
1) Positive electrode material: Among the positive electrode materials, the most commonly used materials are lithium cobalt oxide, lithium manganate, lithium iron phosphate and ternary materials. The cathode material occupies a large proportion, because the performance of the cathode material directly affects the performance of the lithium ion battery, and its cost also directly determines the cost of the lithium battery.
2) Negative electrode materials: Among the negative electrode materials, the current negative electrode materials are mainly natural graphite and artificial graphite. As one of the four major components of lithium battery, the negative electrode material plays an important role in improving the capacity and cycle performance of the battery, and is the core link in the midstream of the lithium battery industry.
3) Diaphragm: The market-oriented diaphragm materials are mainly polyethylene and polypropylene diaphragms. In the structure of lithium batteries, the separator is one of the key inner layer components. The performance of the separator determines the interface structure and internal resistance of the battery, which directly affects the capacity, cycle and safety performance of the battery. The separator with excellent performance plays an important role in improving the overall performance of the battery.
4) Electrolyte: Electrolyte is generally prepared from high-purity organic solvent, electrolyte lithium salt, necessary additives and other raw materials under certain conditions and in a certain proportion. The electrolyte plays the role of conducting ions between the positive and negative electrodes of the lithium battery, which is the guarantee for the lithium ion battery to obtain the advantages of high voltage and high specific energy.
As lithium batteries are more and more widely used, in order to meet people's use requirements, enterprises are constantly expanding their production scale, and lithium battery equipment companies are continuously increasing their output. At present, China continues to open up new energy policies, and enterprises producing lithium battery equipment are emerging in an endless stream, and the number is growing rapidly, resulting in increasingly fierce market competition for lithium battery equipment.
The production process and equipment management level of China's lithium-ion battery materials urgently need to be transformed and upgraded. Use information technology to enhance, improve, and reconstruct production factors, improve enterprise organization and management, innovate production methods, improve asset quality and service functions, and adapt to the rapid development of the market and change.